Welcome to IPTAR’s “Find-a-therapist” service. Below you will find information about two ways to proceed in your effort to locate a well-trained, highly skilled clinician well-matched to your needs.
1. Contact the IPTAR Clinical Center (ICC)
The IPTAR Clinical Center (ICC) provides referrals for high quality, low and moderate fee psychotherapy and psychoanalysis to individuals, families, couples and children in the metropolitan community. For more information or to make an appointment, call our access line: (212) 410-0821. All calls are returned within 24 hours.
2. Contact Members of the IPTAR Community
If you are affiliated with IPTAR and your name is not listed but you would like to be, please submit your information here:
About the different types of patients seen
- Adults – Everyone who has this marked in their profile provides individual psychotherapy and/or psychoanalysis; some also work with couples, families, and/or groups. Those designated “Member” are graduate psychoanalysts, trained in accordance with the highest standards of the International Psychoanalytical Association (IPA), and many are credentialed as Fellows of the IPA (FIPA). Those designated “Fellow” are, in addition, qualified to provide training analysis and supervision to IPTAR students. Those designated “Candidate” are currently completing post-graduate training in psychoanalysis at IPTAR and those designated “Affiliate” are graduates of or students in one of our other programs.
- Children and Adolescents – Every practitioner who has this marked in their profile works with children of various ages and/or adolescents and all are graduates or faculty of or students/candidates in the IPTAR Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy Program.
- Parent-Infant Specialists – Persons who have this marked in their profile are either graduate analysts who are faculty members in the Anni Bergman Parent-Infant Training Program or graduate analysts and advanced candidates in psychoanalysis (at IPTAR or elsewhere) enrolled in the ABPIP.